COASTAL MEDICAL IMAGING
Our website address is: https://coastalxray.com.au/
- Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
Use of Information
Collecting information on Registered members
- As part of registering with us, we collect personal information about you in order for you to take full advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to us as detailed below.
Registration is completely optional. Registration may include submitting your name, email address, address, telephone numbers, option on receiving updates and promotional material and other information. You may access this information at any time by logging in and going to your account.
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
- However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Collecting Information for Users
- IP Addresses
Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
- Cookies and Applets
This aggregate, non-personal information is collated and provided to us to assist in analysing the usage of the site. This website uses features to target advertising to people based on Google Analytics and other data. This allows us to display ads that relate to products and services you have viewed on our website as you browse other sites on the Google Display Network. These ads are displayed using a combination of 1st and 3rd party cookies. If you would like to opt-out of customised Google Display Network ads you can using the Ads Preferences Manager (https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/). You can also use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/) so you are not tracked into Google Analytics.
• Cookies are used on this website to record user-specific information.
• We do not trade or sell any information that is volunteered or logged.
• We have appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information.
• When we use third parties to provide us with supplementary business services we ensure that they adhere to strict security and privacy standards.
From time to time, we may use collected information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in this privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will post the policy changes to our website.
Access to Information
- We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Links to other sites
- We provide links to Web sites outside of our web sites, as well as to third party Web sites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that Web site and its privacy statement.
Problems or questions
- For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's web site; http://www.privacy.gov.au/.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is an advanced and painless scan that allows doctors to look at the soft tissues of the body without the use of X-Rays.
It is a non-invasive imaging modality which uses a very strong magnet, radiofrequency waves and a powerful computer to produce detailed cross-sectional images inside the body. It is especially helpful to collect pictures of soft tissue, such as organs and muscles, that don’t show up on X-ray examinations.
Our MRI examinations cover the head, neck, the full spine and the entire body, as well as the limbs. We use the state-of-the-art Siemens Magnetom MRI scanner which produces the highest possible imaging quality.
MRI procedures referred by your GP may be bulk billed for a specific area and indication.
Some of our bulk billed procedures cover shoulder, wrist, elbow and hip arthrograms from a Specialist or GP referral.
There is also no charge for MRI's requested by your specialist for WorkCover (Prior approval required) or DVA (Gold card or White card specific - prior approval may be required).
Do you need to book an MRI?
Call Coastal Medical Imaging and one of our friendly staff will book your scan and answer any questions you may have.